Thanks to our amazing and persistent residents and staff, we remain COVID-19 free in Independent Living, Skilled Nursing, Enriched Housing & Memory Support!
Weekly staff testing is ongoing, and we have one asymptomatic staff member furloughed in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
Nassau County is in Phase 4. A modified version of Independent Living safety protocols remains in place and our transition to our “New Normal” has been a cautious but steady process. Following is a summary:
- Independent Living Residents are no longer quarantined but must socially distance and wear masks throughout the community. When our residents leave the community, we ask that they please be mindful of social distancing, wear a mask and wash their hands regularly. Asymptomatic people can be anywhere, including friends and family. If residents leave the community for more than a weekend, upon their return they must quarantine in their apartment for 14 days. If a resident goes to the hospital for any reason, they must also quarantine in their apartment. However, if they have a COVID-19 negative test result upon return, they do not need to quarantine.
- Limited visitation is permitted! Residents can call their Ambassadors to schedule appointments. Visitation is by appointment ONLY with staggered arrival times. Visitors must complete the screening tool, have their temperature taken, arrive with face coverings and go directly to the residents’ apartment for the duration of the visit. Visitors are not permitted in interior common areas and outdoor visits are permissible with social distancing. We request that our residents do not allow unapproved visitors into the community or through unauthorized entrances. It is extremely difficult for us to keep everyone safe without continued cooperation.
- In addition to our extensive online ZOOM programming (meeting codes available on CH 591) conditioning is available, with reservations, in our fitness center with a maximum capacity of 4 residents plus the instructor. Personal training is also available. We are also working to increase our private TV channel programming.
- Our pool is open with maximum capacity of 8 allowing for social distancing and residents must sign in to ensure safety and compliance. We will resume Aquacize classes on Thursday, July 30th. Residents must sign up for the class at the Concierge on a first come first served basis. Residents can only sign up for 1 week at a time and we will rotate people in if there is a wait list.
- Our hair salon is open and services are limited to 2 residents at any given time. All stylists must conform to COVID-19 testing requirements.
- A survey of our residents indicate that most do not want to resume congregate dining and prefer having their meals delivered.
- Port Washington Library Book delivery and pick up service resumes next week. They will come once a week to deliver books, large print books, audibles, CD’s and DVD’s. They will pick up returns as well. Books can be ordered on the PWPL website, or by calling: 883-4400.
- Our Resident Ambassadors and our weekly phone support groups are still available.
- Harborside Essentials is ongoing! Residents may call Gina to place an order.
Please note that sanitizing is always performed regularly.
It is important to remind everyone that we must remain vigilant in our efforts to keep covid-19 from returning to our community. There are still so many unknowns and variables related to covid-19, so we ask everyone to be careful and stay safe.
We hope our residents will enjoy spending time with their families and the new options now available as we transition to our new normal.